Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015: Year in Review

First, a few numbers:

15,439 miles

1,026 hours

832,562 feet

1 ride across the country

1 Everest

94 centuries

1 double century

2 centuries in new states

By far, the highlight of the year was Petoji. That was a goal that was 10 years in the making and taught me a lot about riding and life in general. 15,439 is a new PR as a yearly mileage total. That wasn't necessarily a goal, but just happened because of Petoji and the training involved beforehand. 832,652 feet is also a new record, but mainly because of the increased mileage. I did more feet/mile in both 2014 and 2013.

94 centuries is an interesting number. I didn't realize I was so close to 100 for the year. (I just counted them all up today.) 100 would have been a nice, round number and was certainly attainable. Oh well.

2015 was a great year, and in many ways was the best year I've ever had on the bike. Much of that was inspired by 2014, which was the worst year I ever had. I'm sure there's a life lesson in there somewhere. Meanwhile, I'm just happy to be healthy enough to do what I want to do. Make the most of it while you can.

Here's hoping for more in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment