Friday, April 5, 2013

Week 14

Date
April 4th, 2013

Distance
139 Miles

Time
9:41:10

Route Map/Profile
x2

Weather

Picture
Six Mile Canyon

Ride Report
DMD Training continues. I wasn't super excited about today because the forecast was calling for rain and wind. I lucked out on the rain and only got a very light sprinkle a couple times, but the wind was a factor all day long.

I planned on doing two trips up Geiger, Gold Hill, and Six Mile Canyon, but construction took Gold Hill out of the equation. That's a shame because Gold Hill is the toughest part of the ride and where I really wanted to test myself. I had to replace it with the 341 Truck route, which isn't as steep and is a much easier climb. I decided to use it for seated climbing drills, which was probably more of a mental exercise than a physical one.

I felt good out there. The wind doesn't annoy me as much on a big climbing route like today as it does on the flat routes I was riding earlier this year. It used to really scare me on the descents, but I think I've gotten a little more comfortable with that over the last year.

Next week is an important ride: the last long one before DMD.

No comments:

Post a Comment