Friday, May 17, 2013

Week 20

Date
May 15th, 2013

Distance
103 Miles

Time
06:46:58

Route Map/Profile
My version of Stage 4

Weather
Picture

Stage 4 KOM: Casitas Pass

Ride Report
I spent two days in Santa Barbara watching the Tour of California. On Wednesday for Stage 4 I rode from Fremont Campground down to Santa Barbara and then traced the race route in reverse. I made it as far as Ojai, then turned around and headed back to Casitas Pass, the day's final KOM.

After the peloton came through, I followed the race route back to Santa Barbara (where Tyler Farrar won in a sprint) and made the uphill journey back to Fremont Campground. It was a beautiful day out there and it's not often that I get to combine my two favorite things: watching pro cycling and actually riding my own bike.

If you want more details on the race itself, I'm working on a spectator report and I hope to have the first part posted by the end of the day.

Next week is back to reality: training for the Terrible Two.

No comments:

Post a Comment