Friday, June 7, 2013

Week 23

Date
June 6th, 2013

Distance
104 Miles

Time
07:11:39

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Picture
An America by Bicycle van at the top of Mt. Rose

Ride Report
I kept it short today, but the route was difficult. I started off with both sides of Mt. Rose and finished with Geiger Grade, 6 Mile Canyon, and the Gold Hill loop.

As I was descending the west side of Mt. Rose I noticed a lot of cyclists out there, and about halfway down the descent I noticed an America by Bicycle van. It turns out that their Cross Country Challenge was passing through today and I just happened to be out there at the same time they were. I can't tell you how jealous I was. I've been wanting to do one of their Fast America rides ever since I started riding seriously in 2004. Instead of being jealous and lamenting my own poor life decisions that have prevented me from riding across the country, I'd like to say good luck to all the riders on the trip. I hope you all finish safely and have the ride of your lives. It was certainly a beautiful day on Mt. Rose, so you're off to a good start.

As for my own ride, I felt good on Mt. Rose and faded a little at the end. The high was 96 today and I haven't ridden in the heat that much this year. I usually do well in the heat, but the first hot ride can be a shock to the system. The good news is that the Terrible Two is next week and it could be hot, so better now than next week.

Speaking of Terrible Two, I'm glad that it's almost finally here. After the big DMD failure, I really need to put in a good ride at Terrible Two. I'm not even going in with a time goal. I just want to finish and get back on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment