Thursday, July 4, 2013

Week 27

Date
July 3rd, 2013

Distance
104 Miles

Time
6:43:09

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Picture
Brockway Summit
Ride Report
It was a beautiful day out there. It was nice and warm and there was hardly any wind. There were a ton of people out at the lake getting ready for the 4th of July. The ride itself went well enough. I've been avoiding 267 (Brockway Summit) for a while because last year on one of the descents I got a high-speed wobble that scared the crap out of me. If you're not familiar with the descent, it's straight down and very fast. In fact, it's the only place I've ever exceeded 50mph. I was doing probably mid 40s when I got the high-speed wobble. Needless to say, I wouldn't like to crash at that speed. The wobble shook my confidence for a while (and I'm not a ballsy descender to begin with), but I think it happened because one of my wheels was out of true, so I haven't worried about it for a while until today when I returned to the scene of the incident. I didn't do a full tuck and try to hit 50mph, but I wasn't riding scared, either.

Strava Link

No comments:

Post a Comment