Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Quick Update and a few Death Valley Photos

-I finally got around to updating the Century in 50 States list. I rode 3 new states in 2014, which brings my total up to 24. Almost halfway there.

-Century Per Week is on for 2015. I'll be posting a recap of 2014 and my goals for 2015 at some point next week. I have big plans for 2015.

-I just got back from a solid 4 days of riding in Death Valley. Here are a few pictures.

Day 1: Headead towards Badwater
Day 1: Looking behind towards Badwater
Day 1: The sun was setting and a sliver of sunshine was peeking through the clouds.
Day 2: The road (374) from Beatty to the Park entrance
Day 3: Sorry for the blurry picture, but I saw this guy on the way to Scotty's Castle. He was jogging uphill towards Scotty's Castle and I was coming from behind. He heard me coming, but didn't seem to care. He just kept jogging towards Scotty's Castle and stopped when I passed, as seen in the picture above. I kept riding along, not thinking much about it. A few seconds later I noticed that he was right behind my rear wheel, chasing me. It looked like he was just having fun, but you never really know when it comes to wild animals. I steadily increased my speed, but this guy was fast and he had a lot more endurance than the average pet dog. I was able to keep him at a comfortable distance, but I couldn't really drop him until I hit a flatter section of road.

Day 3: Ubehebe Crater

No comments:

Post a Comment