Monday, February 9, 2015

Week 6

Date
February 7, 2015

Distance
100 miles

Strava Link
Week 6

Route Map/Profile


Weather

Ride Report 

What can I say? It was a miserable ride. January was warm and there wasn't much wind, so I guess I was due for a day like this.

It started out with 40 miles of headwinds. Around the time I made it to Genoa I noticed rain ahead but clear skies behind. I was planning on doing 50 miles and then turning around, but instead of dealing with the rain I decided to change plans, heading east and then back north on 88/395 towards sunny skies.

Rainbow

Things cleared up as I was heading east, so I changed plans again and headed back south. That turned out to be a bad decision. A new wave of dark clouds rolled in all of the sudden there was rain everywhere, even to the north. I got rained on for a good 3 hours. It wasn't one of those wimpy little sprinkling rains that we tend to get around here, either. It was a nice, solid rain.

I don't mind riding in the rain on a warm day, but it's just miserable on a cold and windy day like today. Eventually the water finds a way through your booties, gloves, and jacket and chills you down to the core.The rain stopped for the last 10 miles or so, but it was too late. My clothes were soaked and I just couldn't get warm again.

It's easy to complain about a day like today, but in the end days like these are a good thing. They make you appreciated the good days.

No comments:

Post a Comment