Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Week 30

Date
July 26, 2016

Distance
100 miles

Strava Link
Week 30

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Report 
This was my second century in 3 days, so I opted for a flat first half of the ride and saved the climbing for the second half. I ended up doing 6 Mile Canyon, Gold Hill, and another 6 Mile Canyon loop. The weather was sunny and warm without a lot of wind. In other words, a great day to ride. The high was over 100, but I started early and didn't get to ride through much of that. I do remember that the last descent down Geiger was warm. There were parts where it felt like someone was blowing a hair dryer in my face.


July is over now and despite the great weather it was a weak month for me. Only February was worse in terms of hours spent riding. I did 942 miles, which doesn't sound all that bad. I'm still on pace for 1,000 miles per month as a whole. However, this is the time of year when I should be racking up extra miles to make up for November and December. I have a few excuses, but nobody cares about all of that and I'll work on doing better next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment