Saturday, April 7, 2018

Week 7

Date
February 18, 2018

Distance
100 miles

Strava Link
Week 7

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Video
Ride Report
I did something I've only done once before: I rode a solo century in less than 5 hours. Like the last one, this wasn't a planned attempt. I hit my turnaround point at 50 miles, was close to 2.5 hours, and knew that I usually have a tailwind on the 2nd half of the ride, so I went for it. I was fortunate enough to make it.

You never know what's going to happen when you get out there and ride. Sometimes you have big plans and your legs aren't worth a damn. Sometimes you feel super strong when you haven't been training hard or anything. I suppose there's a metaphor for life in there somewhere. Sometimes bad things happen unexpectedly and you just have to keep pushing. The next good day could come at any moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment