Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Week 14

Date
April 7th, 2012


Distance
134 miles

Time
09:15:38

Route Map/Profile

2 laps of this...

...plus 2 laps of this.


Weather
The wind picked up later. It didn't feel like it hit 68 degrees out there.

Picture
Hawk

Ride Report
I had a bad day. There's not much more to be said about it. I didn't have my climbing legs at all and I just generally felt like garbage. On top of that, my computer (Cateye Strada Wireless) no longer works. (I thought the batteries died, but I replaced them a few days ago and it turns out that my computer is broken.) I didn't see much use in riding an extra 20 miles or so just to stick to the planned mileage for the day. I decided to call it a day, put this ride behind me, and hope to recover from whatever it was that put me in a funk.

This ride was my last big training ride before the Mulholland Double, so there couldn't have been a worse time to have a bad day. The only positive note I can take from this is that I had a similar bad day a week before the Terrible Two last year, but I ended up riding pretty well at the Terrible Two. I just have to hope a similar pattern plays out this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment