Thursday, April 19, 2012

Week 15

Date
April 14th, 2012


Distance
210 miles

Time
14:32:52

Route Map/Profile


Weather
It could have been worse. Friday was cold and rainy all day.
Picture

Ride Report
This was the long-awaited Mulholland Double. Total time was 14:32:52 and ride time was 13:50:49. I tried to spend as little time off the bike as possible, but it's amazing how off-bike time adds up on rides like these. As far as my performance goes, if I had to give myself a grade I would give a C. I ran out of gas towards the end a little more than I would have liked, but I didn't completely bonk and have to take a break like I did at the Devil Mountain Double last year. For the most part I managed my calories well and rode within myself. I was just missing that extra little bit of form to make it a great ride instead of a good one. I think next year I might sign up for an easier double early in the year and see if that helps.

As for the Mulholland Double itself, I highly recommend it. I have never done any riding in Southern California, so I didn't know what to expect along the route. I came away pleasantly surprised with how many scenic climbs there were, and it's always a fun experience to ride along the coast. Here's the ultimate test- Would I ride it again? The answer is an enthusiastic yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment