Thursday, August 23, 2012

Week 33

Date
August 15th, 2012

Distance
103 Miles

Time
6:27:09

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Picture
Looking south on 395 at the 395/431 Junction. Carson City is straight ahead, Virginia City (via Geiger Grade) is to the left, and Mt. Rose is to the right. The new I-580 (http://www.freewayextension.com) will be opening later this month, which means that there should be less traffic on 395 through Washoe Valley. Was the project worth the money and did they put the new freeway in the best spot? No, but a quieter ride through Washoe Valley would be nice.

Ride Report
Last week's bad ride was quickly forgotten as I went on a trip to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks with my wife. I didn't take my bike along, but I couldn't help but notice that Grand Teton National Park is probably the most road bike-friendly National Park I've been to so far (out of 14). There was a separated bike path that ran from Jackson Hole, WY throughout most of Teton. The scenery is fantastic and I definitely added it to my long list of places where I want to ride in the future.

Since I had a bad ride last week and I spent 4 days completely off the bike for the Yellowstone trip, I decided to take it easy with this ride and not do any climbing. As you can see, my time was pretty slow for a flatter ride, so it looks like I made the right call.

No comments:

Post a Comment