Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Week 35

Date
August 30th, 2012

Distance
124 Miles

Time
8:22:52

Route Map/Profile
Mt. Rose, Kingsbury, and Six Mile Canyon

Weather

Picture
Lake Tahoe from US 50 near Glenbrook

Ride Report
The days are getting shorter and it's getting a little bit colder out there, so I'm thinking about doing a solo double towards the end of September as one last big ride of the year. Today's ride would be the first training ride towards that goal. The bad news is that I felt terrible at the end of the climb up Six Mile Canyon, but I'm hoping that I just had a bad day. That last section of Six Mile Canyon isn't exactly a forgiving stretch of road. I'm shooting for 140 miles next week and as long as I have a reasonably good day I'll keep the plan alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment