Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Week 36

Date
September 5th, 2012

Distance
140 Miles

Time
8:55:03

Route Map/Profile
Only 3 climbs today- 50, Luther Pass, and Gold Hill.

Weather
I ran into some rain near South Lake Tahoe and on Luther Pass, but it wasn't very heavy.

Picture
I did Luther Pass for the first time in a while. It's not as hard as a lot of the climbs near Woodfords, but it's still a fun climb.

Ride Report
This was week 2 of training for a double later this month. There wasn't a whole lot of climbing because I don't plan on doing a very difficult double route. However, I did throw in the steep Gold Hill climb towards the end to test my legs. I'm happy to report that my legs passed the test, so I'm going to proceed as planned and pencil in September 19th as the double date. I'll do another long ride next week, and as long as I don't completely fall apart I'll do the double the week after that. The days seem to be getting shorter more quickly than I'd like, so I'm not going to mess around with a taper week.

No comments:

Post a Comment