Friday, December 7, 2012

Week 48

Date
November 28th, 2012

Distance
100 Miles

Time
6:09:06

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Picture
Storm blowing in

Ride Report
A storm was blowing in, bringing high winds and rain. I decided to try to cheat by starting early, heading into the wind, and hoping for a good tailwind on the way back. The plan almost worked except that I had a lot of crosswind to deal with and the rain hit me on the second half of the ride. 40 degrees plus rain is a bad combination and I was nice and cold by the time I made it back home. The good news is that the wind got much worse over the next few days, so at least I was able to avoid one of those miserable 7-8 hour fights with the wind. My little 11-mile commutes home into the wind were bad enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment