Saturday, December 29, 2012

Week 52

Date
December 27th, 2012

Distance
100 Miles

Time
6:37:41

Route Map/Profile
Sparks to Pyramid Lake and back

Weather

Picture
Pyramid Lake with some snow

Ride Report
I felt like going to Death Valley, but I decided I should stay in Reno and earn that final week fair and square. It was snowy and cold, but after the first hour or so the snow began to melt off of the roads. As usual, things could have been a lot worse.

So there it is- mission accomplished. I wish I could say I felt a huge sense of accomplishment after the ride was over, but the truth is that I was more happy to get in out of the cold than anything. I might need a little more time to reflect. A few years ago when the thought of doing a century every week crossed my mind, the next thought was, "It sounds like fun, but I could never do that." Yet here I am, and this isn't the first time that I've reached a bike-related goal that I had previously believed was impossible. Now if I could only cross this over to non-bike-related goals, I'd be all set.

No comments:

Post a Comment