Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012: Year in Review

Now that 2012 is in the books, it's time to take a look back at the year that was before focusing on 2013. 2012 was my first year of riding a century every week. I finished the year with 58 total centuries and 12,0003 total miles. About half of my miles came from the weekly century, with most of the other mileage coming from commuting to work.

Doubles

My main goal for the year was the California Triple Crown Stage Race. Here are the posts from those rides.

I also did a solo double later in the year.

I really enjoy double centuries. They are the sweet spot in long-distance riding for me- long enough to feel like an accomplishment, but not so long that the rides stop being fun. They give me something to train for and have been the highlight of my last two years of riding. Rest assured that the California Triple Crown will be one of my main goals for 2013.

New States


One of my long term goals is to ride a Century in 50 States. I moved a little bit closer to that goal by completing centuries in North Dakota, Texas, North Carolina, and Georgia. I hope to add at least 3 new states to the list in 2013.

Race Viewing


I love pro cycling, warts and all, so I particularly enjoyed seeing quite a few big names race on American soil. Here are the posts from the two races I was able to see in person.

2013 is going to be a busier year for me off of the bike, but I'll try my best to make it to these races again if I don't have any schedule conflicts.


All in all, it was a good 2012. I enjoyed riding a century per week so much that I plan on giving it a try again in 2013. The CPW blog will live on, so keep your eyes peeled for more in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment