Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Week 2

Date
January 7th, 2013

Distance
103 Miles

Time
7:02:33

Route Map/Profile
Willows, CA

Weather

Picture
Great scenery on a smooth dirt road.

Ride Report
This was the second half of back-to-back centuries. Here is the route I found on Ride With GPS. It was a nice, scenic route with low traffic, but the road conditions killed it for me. I read reviews about the ride that mentioned dirt sections and bad pavement. The dirt sections weren't a problem. It was the pavement on the climb that turned what could have been a great ride into an average one. At one point I found myself riding on the dirt shoulder instead of the road itself.

Physically, I seemed to be in worse conditions than the roads. It's funny- yesterday, on a mainly climbing route, I felt strong on the flats and weak on the climbs. Today, on a mostly flat route, I felt strong on the climb and weak on the flats. My body seems a little confused. I know I shouldn't be in great shape in January, but today's ride was worse than expected. Let's look on the bright side. At least I wasn't freezing my tail off out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment