Monday, January 21, 2013

Week 3

Date
January 20th, 2013

Distance
100 Miles

Time
6:42:16

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Picture
Foothill Rd near Gardnerville, NV

Ride Report
We've had a nasty inversion here in Reno that just won't seem to go away. Temperatures are below normal and there's a nasty layer of smog stuck in the valley. The good news is that today actually made it to the 40s and there was plenty of sunshine. There should be wind coming in by Wednesday. It's strange that I'm actually looking forward to wind. I doubt that will happen any other time this year.

Meanwhile, the California Triple Crown announced which doubles are part of the stage race this year: Devil Mountain Double, Terrible Two, and the Alta Alpina Challenge. I'm excited about the lineup. If there wasn't a stage race and I was picking 3 doubles to do, those are the 3 I would pick.

First up is DMD on April 27th. I did DMD in 2011 and while I really enjoyed the ride, I felt like I could have performed better. I remember taking a long break at the Crothers rest stop and in general not riding well from probably the 90-150 mile range. I finished that ride in 14:53. I'll hope to get closer to the 14:00 mark this year. The ride is a little over 3 months away and I have a lot of work to do between now and then if I want to reach that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment