Sunday, June 14, 2015

Week 23

Date
June 6, 2015

Distance
100 miles

Strava Link
Week 23

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Report 
After the 10-day block of training I took it easy for a while. This was my first long ride since then. My main goal for June is to pick up my climbing again, and this ride was a nice start. I did Geiger plus Six Mile Canyon x2 and 342 x2.

342 is back open
342 is back open after being closed for a while due to damage done during a recent rain storm. I'm glad to have it back. It's a tough short climb- one section of 1.7 miles at 9% with a killer finishing portion of 0.5 miles at 11%. On top of that, 341 (the truck route) has a lot less traffic now that 342 is back open.

I did Mt. Rose (east side) and Martis Peak the next day to continue the climbing training. My legs were toast after Martis Peak, so it was a successful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment