Saturday, July 25, 2015

Week 29

Date
July 19, 2015

Distance
103 miles

Strava Link
Week 29

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Report 
Two weeks to go until Petoji. I did my last back-to-back training rides before the big ride begins. Yesterday was 120 miles with 9,000 feet and today was an easier ride- the Red Rock loop.

Red Rock Road
Petoji is just around the corner and I'm happy with where my endurance is. I can do back-to-back rides without any problems. I'm not as happy with my speed. I probably did too much endurance work and not enough speed work. I planned on sacrificing a little bit of speed for endurance this year, but I may have taken that a bit too far. I've done a lot of back-to-backs this year and it's possible that I should have skipped a few of those in favor of some shorter, more intense rides. But then again, would I feel as comfortable with my endurance without those extra back-to-backs? Probably so, but it's impossible to know for sure.

Either way, it's too late to change it now, so I might as well look on the bright side. I would rather finish the ride at a slow pace than not finish at a fast pace. If I did make an error in my training plan, at least I made the error in a safer direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment