Friday, October 23, 2015

Week 40

Date
October 11, 2015

Distance
115 miles

Strava Link
Week 40

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Report 
I did two centuries this week for the first time in about two months. This was the second of the two, which was a loop on 50 and 722 out near Austin. I've done this loop before, but last time I did it clockwise and this time I went the opposite direction. It doesn't sound like much, but reversing the direction really does change the character of the ride. I'm still not sure which direction I prefer. The climb on 722 is more fun going counterclockwise, but there's also something nice about going clockwise and finishing with 16 miles of downhill.

The weather was perfect. It was warm but not hot, so I was fine carrying just 3 bottles. Best of all, there was no wind. It was a great fall day in the desert.



No comments:

Post a Comment