Friday, October 23, 2015

Week 41

Date
October 16, 2015

Distance
102 miles

Strava Link
Week 41

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Report 
I took 4 days off this week, really for no other reason than laziness. My only real goal left for the year is to hit 15,000 miles and I'm very confident that I'll reach that goal, so why not? I spent a little extra time lifting and stretching instead. After Petoji was over I decided that I want to make progress in my overall strength and flexibility this winter. I'm off to a decent start. I'm not much stronger or more flexible yet, but the first step in the process is to make it a habit to actually work on it. For the last month of so I've been doing a good job of lifting 3 days per week and stretching, even if only a little bit, every day. I call it stretching because my flexibility is so bad that I don't think anyone would recognize what I do as yoga. My hips and hamstrings are my biggest problem areas. I'm making a little progress. It's very slow progress, but I'll take it.

Anyway, today's ride was a flat one out to Red Rock and back. The whole weekend was cloudy with a chance of rain, but I was able to avoid the rain for most of this ride. I was actually expecting wind out of the north, but that didn't end up happening. Oh well.

Taking a little break on Red Rock Rd.




Fall is here. It's starting to get cold out there. A high of 75 sounds nice, but with the clouds out there is sure didn't feel like 75. The early part of October was warmer than usual, so it's been a shock to the system. I'm sure in about 3 months I would kill for a day like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment