Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Week 13

Date
April 3, 2016

Distance
101 miles

Strava Link
Week 13

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Report 
I recovered pretty well from Everesting. I only had about 4 hours to sleep that night, so I felt terrible the next day. My legs were sore and I had no energy. What I did have was one hell of an appetite, so I spent a lot of time eating. The next night I was able to get a full night of sleep, so I felt a lot better the day after that. I was still eating a ton, but my legs weren't hurting and in general I felt normal again.

I opted for active recovery. I did a very short ride the day after, and 2 days of easy rides from there. Then it snowed on Monday, which I took as an excuse to take the day off. I did two more easy rides from Tuesday to Wednesday and then I went back to riding as much as I wanted on Thursday. So recovery consisted of 5 easy rides over 6 days. I felt pretty good by the 3rd day, but I don't have any plans coming up, so I was very cautious and took more days than I felt like I needed.

This week's century was a fun one. The weather was great, so I went up to Spooner Summit and kept going on 50 a little bit until I could get a few good views of the Lake. Compared to last year there's still a lot of snow in the mountains.

April 3, 2016



March 20, 2015


After that I headed over to Six Mile Canyon. Spring is in the air. Leaves are growing on the trees and there were a lot of flowers in the canyon. Six Mile Canyon is one of my favorite climbs anyway, so that was just the cherry on top.

Now that it's April, 1/4th of the year is over. I had 5 goals for 2016 and things are looking good so far.
  • One century per week- On pace
  • Century in 5 new states- Planned for summer
  • One international century- Done in Tenerife.
  • 12,000 miles- A little behind pace, but summer is coming.
  • One Everest- Done.
I'd say that's pretty good, and the best months for riding are still ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment