Thursday, July 21, 2016

Week 28

Date
July 17, 2016

Distance
101 miles

Strava Link
Week 28

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Report 
This is my standard windy day route. Just like Week 23, I had pretty good timing today. I didn't notice that it was getting windy until a few miles before the turnaround point.


This week was flat tire week. I had a flat on Tuesday, which was a front flat on the Kingsbury descent. Front flats on descents always get the heart pumping. This morning when I went out to grab my bike that same stupid tire was flat again. Both were caused by thorns. The tire is a Michelin Pro 3 that I've had for a long time. It's very prone to flats and I end up getting frustrated with it and throwing it in a drawer. Months later I'll wear out a tire and decide to test my luck again. I should just throw it away once and for all. I didn't bother fixing the flat. I just grabbed the front wheel from a different bike.

I went for the flat tire hat trick in Minden. This time it was on the rear. I didn't get to see what I hit, but I heard a pop and lost pressure immediately. It left a decent hole in my tire- about as big as holes get without needing a boot. They say things come in 3s, so that must mean I'm done with flats for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment