Friday, November 11, 2016

Week 45

Date
November 8, 2016

Distance
107 miles

Strava Link
Week 45

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Report 
The one good thing about being homeless for a while is that I get to ride some different routes. I've ridden all of these roads before, but never in this combination. It's mostly a flat ride with a 6 Mile Canyon loop thrown in at the end.

My work schedule changed and I'm going to have to ride early for a while. If you look at the weather chart, you'll see the pros and cons of riding early. The good news is that I beat the wind. The bad news is that it's cold out there in the morning this time of year. It was nice and warm towards the end of today's ride, though.

Morning fog
Quick tubeless update: I'm much happier with the new Hutchinson Intensive tire. It's definitely a tougher tire. I have almost 800 miles on it so far and I haven't had any noticeable punctures. The tire is still in really good shape. There aren't any cuts and it looks like it has a lot of life left. Riding the Intensive on the back and the Fusion on the front has worked out well. I get the nice, softer feel of the Fusion on the front where it's not wearing out so fast and there's less chance of a puncture. At the same time, I get more durability and flat protection on the rear. I think I can get 2,000 miles out of the Intensive. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment