Saturday, November 5, 2016

Week 43

Date
October 25, 2016

Distance
101 miles

Strava Link
Week 43

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Report 
Windy Day route. I rode on Franktown Road for the first time since the Little Valley Fire.




There were a lot of thoughts running through my head, but the main thing I came away with was the thin line between luck and disaster. Some of the houses were very close to the fire, yet somehow didn't burn down. What was the difference? Was it just the random path of the fire?

It seems like we're all so close to disaster more often than we realize. Just think about the simple act of riding a bike. One wrong move from a driver and we could be dead in an instant. One flat tire at the wrong moment and we could ride off the side of a mountain. Not to mention deer and horses. Yet somehow it all seems to turn out just fine. I've ridden over 125,000 miles and I've only really had one serious incident. Even that could have been much, much worse and for the most part I feel like I came out on the lucky side.

Keep on riding while you still can.

No comments:

Post a Comment