Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Week 41

Week 41

Date
October 11, 2016

Distance
102 miles

Strava Link
Week 41

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Report 
Foliage was killer this week. Check it out:





I even saw some deer. It was a beautiful ride today.


I'm officially "homeless". I'm not exactly out on the street, but I don't have a home, either. I'll be in hotels for the next few weeks. Hopefully I'll be all set by December. Right now I'm in Carson City, which isn't a huge change. My new place will hopefully be more of a change. Nothing's official yet.

Tubeless update time. My new rear tire is a Hutchinson Intensive. You may be wondering why I went with another Hutchinson. It all came down to price. I got a good deal on this tire and couldn't find as good of a deal on another brand. I don't have many miles on the Intensive yet, but it made a good first impression. It definitely has a more durable feel to it than the Fusion did. The Fusion had a more supple and grippy feel to it. That's expected. You're going to give up a little something in exchange for durability. So far there are no cuts on the new tire and it pretty much looks as good as new. That's already a difference from the Fusion. I have high hopes for this tire. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment