Sunday, October 16, 2016

Week 42

Date
October 18, 2016

Distance
101 miles

Strava Link
Week 42

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Report 
It was quite a week as far as weather is concerned. It started out super windy. Then there were 3 fires in the area. Then it rained for a few days straight.

The biggest fire was the Little Valley fire, which burned near Franktown Road. If you pay close attention to my routes you'll know that I ride in that area very often. It's pretty popular with cyclists, and I see other riders out there all the time. I know cyclists can be annoying to local homeowners, but I've never had an issue with people out there and motorists give me plenty of space when they pass. I wish everyone out there the best.

You may notice that just one week ago I was whining about not having a home, but at least my home didn't burn down. Just another reminder that we should appreciate what we have while we still have it.

Anyway, this week's ride was a lot like last week's ride (super scenic), and this time there was snow to add to the scenery. It looks like the foliage is past its peak but it's still pretty damn awesome.









No comments:

Post a Comment