Monday, April 3, 2017

Week 13

Date
March 27, 2017

Distance
100 miles

Strava Link
Week 13

Route Map/Profile
Weather



Ride Video


Ride Report 
This was the second ride of a back-to-back. I felt pretty good. My legs weren't all that sore from the day before. Hopefully that's a good sign for June's ride. There is so much I need to work on between now and then. Now that this week is over, April is coming and that means I only have 2 months to get my act together.

How was March? I did 1018 miles, which isn't a whole lot but is the best for the year so far. I was able to ride every day in March. As much as I complain about the weather, I guess it couldn't have been that bad. I've been able to commute to work for the last 2 Saturdays, so that's a step in the right direction. Snow is still getting in the way of my MTB action a little bit, but that's mostly my own fault for choosing the wrong routes for this time of year. Live and learn, I guess. I'm still new to the MTB side of things.

Anyway, the trees are starting to get leaves and it's starting to feel like spring out there, so I'm optimistic for the future. I'm starting to plan my first big ride of the year, which will be a ride across Nevada from west to east. That's about 400 miles. My original goal was to ride it in 2 days, but I've been inspired by the Indian Pacific Wheel Race to the point that I'm going to try to do it non-stop. That was always kind of a goal in the back of my mind, but I would really want to finish in 24 hours and I just don't think I'm good enough for that, to be honest. I would hate to do the ride in 26 hours or something like that and feel disappointed in myself.

How do I get around the 24 hour goal? I don't have a good answer for that, really. I'm telling myself that as long as I don't stop to sleep it's a successful ride. But you just know that 24 hour number will be in the back of my mind the whole time. I guess the answer is that I just have to do the best ride I can and live with the result. It's a corny thing that people always say, but as long as you give it your best shot you can be happy.

I'm shooting for late April or early May for that ride. There are still some logistical issues I'm working on- boring stuff like how to get home from the NV/UT border.

No comments:

Post a Comment