Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Week 16

Date
April 23, 2017

Distance
100 miles

Strava Link
Week 16

Route Map/Profile
Weather
Ride Video


Ride Report 
It was going to be a windy day, so I wanted to get an early start today. I had a few things to do to the bike and was generally slow to get going, so I didn't start as early as I wanted. However, I was still able to get my ride in without riding through the really strong winds all day. I think only the last 2 hours or so had heavy winds.

My new go-to windy day route was blocked off. There have been signs up for at least a week now that 338 is closed at the California state line. (Not sure why, but I'm guessing road damage from recent rain.) My plan was to ride there and back and do the extra 20 miles or so close to home. I made it to the Sweetwater summit and the road was closed right there. That's a good 9.5 miles before the CA state line. That meant I had to figure out what to do for an extra 19 miles.

I ended up just doing loops on Lower Colony Rd and Upper Colony Rd. That worked out pretty well because the wind was picking up by then and I was never riding into the wind for extended periods of time. I had the aerobars on and was feeling pretty good. I ended up finishing in around 6:15, which shows that I did time things pretty well. On to next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment