Monday, May 1, 2017

Week 17

Date
April 25, 2017

Distance
100 miles

Strava Link
Week 17

Route Map/Profile
Weather
 Ride Video

Ride Report 
Nothing too special going on this week. I put the aerobars on my other bike and did some flat riding. I'm still feeling pretty good on the aerobars. The one thing that took the longest time to get used to was actually actually getting into and out of the aero position. It feels a little weird at first. There's a time while you're bending down where you feel a little vulnerable. It was probably the same way a long time ago when I started using drop bars. After a while it starts feeling more natural.

This was the last long ride of April, which was just an average month. As mentioned in the video, I was hoping to ride across Nevada this month, but logistically it just didn't work out. What I want to do is drive my van out to the NV/UT border one weekend, ride my motorcycle back home, then ride my bike back to the van the next weekend. I need 2 free weekends, but the cat needs to go to the vet 2 weeks in a row and then the Tour of California will be in Sacramento the weekend after that. The ride will have to wait until mid May,

I've thought about Everesting instead. All of the big climbs are still closed to snow, though. Part of me wants to try one on the mountain bike. My MTB skills are pretty limited, so I'm still looking around for the best climb. I'm going to go scout one next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment