Sunday, May 7, 2017

Week 18

Date
May 1, 2017

Distance
100 miles

Strava Link
Week 18

Route Map/Profile
Weather
Ride Video

Ride Report 
338 was back open (mudslide), so I planned on riding out to Bridgeport and back. This was the second day of a back-to-back, so I was taking it easy. The weather was great and I was in a pretty good mood, so I decided to make it a loop and go home via 395.

It made for a more interesting ride with some great scenery. 395 goes next to the river for quite a while and the river is rushing like crazy this year. The only reason I tend to do an out-and-back on 338 instead of doing the 395 loop more often is that there are some long stretches of 395 in that area with no shoulder. Traffic was pretty light today, but 395 can be a busy road with fast-moving traffic. For the most part it has good shoulders, but this stretch is one of the exceptions to that rule. Once you get past Topaz Lake there are shoulders all the way to Carson City.

Shoulders or not, I had a lot of fun today and the weather was great. My legs felt a little dead early on, but as the day warmed up they felt better and better. Ride on.

No comments:

Post a Comment