Friday, June 9, 2017

Week 23

Date
June 5, 2017

Distance
100 miles

Strava Link
Week 23

Route Map/Profile
Weather
Ride Video

Ride Report 
It's been an exciting few weeks, but today things were back to normal. I was a little nervous for today's ride, believe it or not. I took it super easy all week. I didn't do a ride longer than 10 miles. Even with all that rest, I was still feeling tired. You know how sitting around doing nothing all day can make you feel more tired that doing stuff? I didn't know if it was one of those things or if I really was taking a long time to recover from 2 really hard weeks.

Either way, I didn't really know what to expect from today's ride. I kept it a flat one and kept an easy pace. There wasn't much wind today, which was a big help. I ended up feeling better than I expected. I wasn't super strong and tearing it up out there, but I didn't feel completely lethargic, either. It felt like a normal ride.

I'm going to take it easy for another week, because a week from today is the first day of Ride America South to North. I want to be 100% sure that I'm fresh for that. I'll be making videos along the way, but those will probably be posted on a 2-week delay because I won't have my computer with me. I may record the daily vlogs (of just me talking after the ride) on my phone and try to post them to YouTube. My phone is kind of a POS, but I think that will work. I know I'll be able to upload the rides to Strava. I was able to connect my Edge 510 to my phone, which uploads to Garmin Connect, which transfers over to Strava. I tested that on a shorter ride earlier this week.

There's the plan. It's all self-supported, credit card touring style. I fly out to El Paso on the 11th. Bring it on. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment