Monday, August 28, 2017

Week 34

Date
August 21, 2017

Distance
104 miles

Strava Link
Week 34


Route Map/Profile
Weather
Note the temperature drop around 10:00 for the eclipse.
Ride Video

Ride Report 
Today was the eclipse, and I celebrated the only way I know how: with a ride. We didn't get the full eclipse here, and I didn't have time to drive 6 hours to Idaho, so I had to settle for a partial eclipse. It was still an interesting experience. It was morning, but it felt like the sun was setting. Things got a little darker and the biggest thing I noticed was that the sun wasn't shining brightly on the mountains like usual. The other thing that jumped out was the temperature drop. You can actually see it on the weather graph above.

None of that really shows well in the video, but it was a fun day out there. Another note about the videos- they are a little shaky because I broke the little square mount (100% my fault) and I'm waiting for the replacement. I bought the cheapest one I could find on Amazon, and it's coming all the way from China. I'm sure you're sad that my crappy videos are about 5% crappier.

No comments:

Post a Comment