Monday, January 2, 2012

Week 0.5

Date
January 1st, 2012

Distance
100 miles

Time
5:59:47

Route Map/Profile

This route is a simple out-and-back to Pyramid Lake. It's one of my two go-to winter routes that avoids any major climbs and more importantly their cold descents.

Weather


The ride started off at 23 degrees and ended at about 45 degrees. Winds were very calm.

Picture
Sunrise



Ride Report
I defined a week as a period of 7 successive days beginning on Monday and ending on Sunday (see the calendar here). It just so happens that 2012 starts on a Sunday, so it stands alone on the calendar. Technically it isn't a week since it isn't a 7-day period, but I just had to get in a ride on the 1st so I wouldn't be accused of cheating.

I started the ride at 6:15 AM and got a nice view of the sunrise along the way. I just barely beat the 6-hour mark, which is something I would easily do during the summer but is actually a good result for me during the winter. Most of all I was happy to start the year off on the right foot with no snow, plenty of sunshine, relatively warm temperatures, and light winds. I couldn't ask for much more in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment