Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Week 2

Date
January 9th, 2012

Distance
101 miles

Time
5:54:57

Route Map/Profile

This is almost the same Pyramid Lake route as the one used in Week 0.5.

Weather

The good weather continues. There was a high of 50 and almost no wind at all.

Picture
Pyramid Lake


Ride Report
I didn't have much time to kill today, so I stuck with the Pyramid Lake route. The weather continues to be the big story. The temperatures are one thing, but I'm completely baffled by the lack of wind out there. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Here's a PSA for all the riders out there: Be sure to give your bike a good inspection every now and then. I was doing that and I noticed that (1) my stem had a very bad crack and (2) my fork may have a small crack. I just replaced my stem and handlebars (the new bars are taking some getting used to) and a new fork is on the way. I gave my frame an extra close inspection, and as much as I would like an excuse to buy a new frame, it is 100% crack free.

Cracked Stem. This is a little embarrassing because I should have noticed it sooner.

The underneath side of the stem with another crack.

Cracked Fork. What worries me is that the crack is starting to make its way to the outside of the fork.
Cracked Fork

No comments:

Post a Comment