Friday, March 9, 2012

Week 10

Date
March 8th, 2012

Distance
104 miles

Time
06:29:14
Route Map/Profile


Reno to Carson City to Kingsbury Grade and back

Weather

Picture
Kingsbury Grade

Ride Report
I rode Kingsbury Grade for the first time this year. Kingsbury grade is one of my favorite climbs. It's about 8 miles with 2,550 feet of elevation gain. The grade is nice and steady and there is a nice, wide shoulder on the way up. Once you make it to the summit you're just a short descent away from Lake Tahoe- a ride that I'll put off until the weather gets a little warmer. There aren't any tight turns, so the descent is nice and easy and there is minimal braking. (I tend to be a wimpy descender, so I'm sure some of you could ride it without braking at all.) If you're ever in the Lake Tahoe area, this is a climb you don't want to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment