Thursday, March 29, 2012

Week 12

Date
March 23rd, 2012


Distance
122 miles

Time
08:47:19

Route Map/Profile
I did two laps of this route...

...and one lap of this route.


Weather
It was windy all day long.

Picture
6 Mile Canyon

Ride Report
I plan on doing the Mulholland Double on April 14th as part of the California Triple Crown stage race. I did the stage race last year and had a lot of fun, so I'm back for more in 2012. This was my first serious training ride for the double: 122 miles and about 11,500 feet. I'll do 140 next week and then 160 the week after that. It may be overkill, but that's what I've done in the past and it has worked for me.

There is road work on Geiger Grade (my favorite training climb) and the weather isn't great around Tahoe yet, so I did laps of a loop from Dayton to Virginia City. Laps aren't my favorite thing in the world, but hopefully it all pays of in the end and I'll feel good at the Mulholland Double.

No comments:

Post a Comment