Monday, March 5, 2012

Week 9

Date
March 4th, 2012

Distance
149 miles

Time
09:06:12
Route Map/Profile

Reno to Pyramid Lake to Fernley to Reno via 6 Mile Canyon

Weather

The weather was beautiful with a high of 67.

Picture

Ride Report
I took advantage of the warm weather and got in a nice 9-hour ride. That's the longest of the year so far and certainly the most painful. 6 Mile Canyon is a tough climb even on fresh legs, but after 120 miles my legs were already dead and that last steep section at the end was a slow grind to the top. I didn't have much of anything left in the tank for the last 15-20 miles of the ride.

I plan on doing my first double of the year in mid-April, so this ride was a nice wakeup call. I'm in terrible shape at the moment and have a long way to go if I want to be as strong as I was last year. Hopefully the weather will continue to cooperate and I'll ramp up on the mileage and the climbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment