Saturday, May 5, 2012

Week 18

Date
May 4th, 2012

Distance
150 Miles

Time
10:38:57

Route Map/Profile
Mt. Rose, Kingsbury, Spooner, and Mt. Rose back side

Weather
Another windy day.
Picture
Lake Tahoe

Ride Report
I did the Mt. Rose ascent for the first time this year. According to Strava, the Mt. Rose East Side climb is 16.6 miles with 4,262 feet of gain for an average of 4.9%. It's not a steep climb, but the length makes things difficult. The scenery is nice and there are a few switchbacks to keep your mind occupied, so the ride goes by pretty quickly if your legs are feeling good. The descent is fun in the summer, but gets very cold in the spring and the fall. Being a bit of a weather wimp, I tend to avoid Mt. Rose unless it's nice and warm outside. It wasn't all that warm today, but I was itching to do Mt. Rose, so I dealt with the cold descent and was glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment