Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Week 39

Date
September 29th, 2013

Distance
104 Miles

Time
6:44:38

Route Map/Profile
4 laps around Washoe Lake

Weather
Windy

Picture

Deer

Ride Report
The wind was blowing hard today and I was not looking forward to this ride. I'm not usually a fan of doing laps, but I decided to do 4 laps around Washoe Lake so I didn't have to spend too much time at once riding into the headwind. I added Combs Canyon to one of the laps to break up the monotony a little bit.

The ride turned out to be better than I expected. Total time was about 7 hours, and I was planning on 8. I split the ride into laps to help mentally, but I think it helped physically, as well. I was able to ride hard into the headwind for a little while, then recover and save some energy for the next lap. That kept me fresh for all of the headwind sections, which probably saved me a lot of time as opposed to riding 50 straight miles into the headwind.

Strava Link

No comments:

Post a Comment