Friday, October 25, 2013

Week 42

Date
October 18th, 2013

Distance
105 Miles

Time
6:56:33

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Picture

Fresh oil on 6 Mile Canyon

Ride Report
It was a beautiful day out there, so I went out to Spooner Summit and added in 6 Mile Canyon and Gold Hill. I didn't feel like riding hard today, so I took it easy. You know, there are times in cycling and in life when you don't feel like pushing all that hard. I love cycling because it gives me the opportunity to face those times and to overcome the desire to be lazy or to take it easy. There have been a lot of days when I didn't feel like going hard, but I pushed through it and was glad I did. Today wasn't one of those days.

I'd love to make excuses for it, but the truth is that I simply wasn't mentally strong enough today. My body was capable of going harder than my mind was willing to push it. It's a real shame to waste potential like that. There might be a life lesson in all of this. Truth be told, I am much more willing to push myself past my comfort zone on a bike than in life in general.

Strava Link

1 comment:

  1. Howdy, I set a goal to ride 52 centuries this year and since I was afraid of Ole' Man Winter I finished early. This past Saturday the day after my 60th birthday I rode with a bunch of friends to celebrate the 52nd and the 60th. Check it out:
    http://www.sjparkerfam.org/2012/11/15/52-centuries-in-2013/

    lane.parker@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete