Sunday, January 12, 2014

Week 2

Date
January 11th, 2014

Distance
102 Miles

Time
6:43:25

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Picture


Ride Report
It's been unusually calm out there recently, but the wind is back. I can't remember the last time I went for a nice, windy ride. It must have been at least a month ago.

I headed out early in an attempt to beat the wind. Sometimes that works, but not today. The sun wasn't even out yet, but the wind was already blowing hard. Oh well. It didn't get very cold overnight, so I didn't regret my decision to start early. The roads were nice and empty and I was treated to a spectacular sunrise around the time I made it to Combs Canyon.

This is a route I did a few weeks back- Jacks Valley Rd to Fredricksburg Rd and then straight north on 88 and 395. There were some very strong crosswinds on 88 and 395. On days like today it's fun when a semi passes by. All of the sudden the wind is gone and you get a feeling for how hard you were leaning to the left just to stay in a straight line.

About 15 miles from home it started raining. It actually rained pretty hard for a while- enough to soak through my booties and gloves. It was cold, but the rest of the ride was mainly a tailwind, so it didn't last too long.

Strava Link

More sunrise photos:







No comments:

Post a Comment