Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Week 3

Date
January 18th, 2014

Distance
119 Miles

Time
7:49:53

Route Map/Profile

Weather


Picture

US 50 headed towards Lake Tahoe

Ride Report
It was another beautiful day and I couldn't resist riding out to Lake Tahoe for the first time since fall. I took the easy way there (US 50, not Mt. Rose), but this was still the longest and climby-est ride I've done in a while. My time was slow and I don't have my summertime legs, but it's simply amazing to be able to do this ride in January. It's a shame for the ski resorts that it's been so warm and there hasn't been much snow, but it made for a great ride today.

It's been feeling like winter is over and we're into spring already, but you never know. February could turn cold and snowy. Anything could happen. I've just been trying to take advantage of the warm weather we've been having for as long as it's here. I'll easily break 1,000 miles this month, which just goes to show how great the weather has been.

Strava Link

No comments:

Post a Comment