Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015: The Preview

Introducing Petoji.net

2015 is going to be a little different. I'm focusing 100% on one goal: riding across the country. It's going to be a credit card tour from Pescadero, CA to Jekyll Island, GA that I've named Petoji (PEscadero TO Jekyll Island). The dates are July 30 - August 22.

Riding across America has been a dream of mine for more than 10 years. I've always wanted to do it at 100 miles per day for ~30 days, similar to what America by Bicycle  does. Quite frankly, I've always made the excuse that it's hard to find 30 days off to complete the ride. I thought I'd be able to take the time off after I did this or I did that.

It's time to stop making excuses. I can take 24 days off this summer, which gives me 23 days to ride. So I made a route that starts somewhat close to home and is close to 3,000 miles. Here it is: Petoji.net

I'll have a few extra goals, but Petoji is by far the highest priority and I'll build my whole year around it. Here are the goals for 2015:

  1. Ride across America
  2. Ride a century per week
  3. Complete another Everesting ride
Happy New Year to everybody and best of luck accomplishing your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment