Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Week 4

Date
January 24, 2015

Distance
100 miles

Strava Link
Week 4

Route Map/Profile

Lovelock, NV


Weather

Picture

NV 399 in Lovelock

Ride Report
I did another 4-day block of 100-mile rides to train for Petoji and this was day 3. I drove out to Lovelock, which may not be known as a cycling destination but actually has some great roads. I started out in Lovelock and headed west on NV 399, which is a paved road that connects a mine to Lovelock. NV 399 was great. There was almost no traffic out there and I enjoyed the scenery. If you're like me and love the desert but hate traffic, this is the road for you. The pavement is pretty smooth except for the last 2-3 miles before the pavement ends.

I rode back to Lovelock and then headed east on Coal Canyon Rd. The road surface was rougher, but again the scenery was great and I saw less than 5 cars out there. Eventually the pavement ends, so I turned around and headed back to Lovelock where I rode a few extra miles to get the nice round 100. It made for a nice early-season ride. There wasn't any difficult climbing, but enough ups and downs to keep things interesting. Above all, it was refreshing to be out in the desert with nobody else around.

1 comment: