Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Week 3

Date
January 12th, 2015

Distance
100 miles

Strava Link
Week 3

Route Map/Profile


Weather


Picture


Ride Report
This was day 4 of a 4-day training ride I did for Petoji. I stopped and did this ride on the middle of my drive from Death Valley back to Reno. It was colder than Death Valley, but not too bad considering that the whole thing was above 5,000 feet. The wind really seemed to pick up in the valley as I made the turn north towards Hawthorne, but the scenery was great out there and traffic was super light. You really couldn't ask for more this time of year.

My legs felt pretty good considering that (A) it's January and (B) I was riding my 4th 100-mile day in a row. I've said it before and I don't know why it is, but the 2nd day is always the worst. By days 3 and 4 you start getting into a groove. Who knows how long that groove lasts. I guess we'll find out in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment