Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Week 11

Date
March 14, 2015

Distance
101 miles

Strava Link
Week 11

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Report 

I had a 3-day weekend, so I couldn't resist going to Death Valley. My climbing needs some work, so I did some repeats on a nice quiet climb just outside the park. I ended up doing 7 hours worth of repeats, which was just short of 15,000 feet.






I took a long break (I actually fell asleep) and rode the extra miles to hit 100. I needed a ride like this because I'm definitely not in very good shape right now. I felt like I started the day at a conservative pace, but I seemed to hit a wall around the 4-hour mark. My legs were dead by the end of the day, but I went ahead and did 100 miles and 9,500 feet the next day, which ended up being at a snail's pace. But hey, 25,000 feet is a good weekend of training and there's never a bad time in Death Valley. It was the perfect time of year to be there- flowers were blooming and the temperatures were warm but not quite hot yet.

I'm off Thursday and Friday, so I'm going to do a 4-day block of Petoji training from Thursday-Sunday. I'm hoping to average 110/day for those 4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment