Monday, March 23, 2015

Week 12

Date
March 20, 2015

Distance
122 miles

Strava Link
Week 12

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Report 
I was able to squeeze in a 4-day Petoji training block. I was hoping to average 110 miles per day, but mostly by accident I ended up averaging 119 miles per day. On the first day the weather was great and I ended up riding 125 miles. This ride was the second day, and since the weather was still good (a little windy) I decided to climb US 50 for the first time this year and take a quick look at Lake Tahoe.


I know it's just a bad cell phone picture, but you can probably see that there's hardly any snow left. I was down in Markleeville yesterday and Monitor Pass is already open. I'm tempted to go ride it next weekend.

I ramped things down a little on the last two days with shorter rides and not as much climbing (Day 3, Day 4). That was more due to the wind than anything else. The wind hit me on day 3, but I started early on day 4 and missed the worst of it.

My legs felt pretty good. I'm starting to learn how to pace myself for these multiple long days. I just have to accept riding at a slightly slower pace. The biggest thing is to pace myself on the climbs. My instinct is to ride the climbs hard, but I was doing a pretty good job this week of riding the climbs at a more relaxed pace. I rode hard up a short climb on the 4th day and it took a lot more out of me than I expected. 4 days may sound like a lot, but it's not even 20% of what I'll need to do in August. Pacing will become even more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment